State of Lead Generation
We all (hopefully by now) know that the internet + search engines have changed marketing and lead generation in fundamental ways. People shopping for everything from Apple phones to ziplines conduct research online before making a decision about how to spend their time and money. Marketers and brands are racing to get involved in this research-to-decision continuum and customers are increasingly picky about what kind of offers and content they respond to. Let’s look at the state of things and the move on to best practices for how to win the lead generation battle in ways that boost rewards companies and customers a like.
- Responding to the Shift in Buyer Behavior
- Lead Generation Technology Overview
- Why Good Unique Content Is No Longer Good Enough
The Inbound Marketing Framework
Inbound marketing is the framework developed in response to the tectonic shift in buyer behavior. It’s a matter of aligning marketing around the customer–understanding your ideal buyer intimately and offering them what they want, when they want it, how they want it. People are not ready to buy at the “awareness” stage of the buyer’s journey, for example, so don’t try to sell them anything. Learn more about how to deliver the right offer to the right person at the right time.
- Introduction to the Inbound Framework – Attract, Convert, Close
- What is Inbound Marketing and Why You Should Care
- Introduction to the Buyer’s Journey
- Alaniz Guide to Generating Traffic, Leads, and Sales (Download)
- Sales Director’s Guide to Online Lead Generation
Inbound Marketing Core Concepts
The technical part of inbound marketing has to do with just how you know what people are looking for and when. Lead scoring and segmentation, behavior monitoring and carefully orchestrated qualification criteria are key to understanding how when to communicate with your audience on and off line.
- An Introduction to Lead Scoring and Segmentation
- Lead Intelligence: See What Leads are Doing On Your Site
- How to Succeed at Lead Nurturing
- Closing the Loop Between Marketing and Sales
Developing a Lead Generation Gameplan
Learn about the tools and processes you will need to turn your marketing efforts into a smooth running lead generation machine. Tools include templates to help you suss out your ideal customer and his or her journey from anonymous visitor to raving fan. We’ve go dashboards and calendars to help you keep your efforts organized and on track.
- Lead Generation Tips for Sustainable Results
- CEO Marketing Performance Dashboard (Download)
- Why You Need a Content Marketing Editorial Calendar
- Free Marketing Editorial Calendar (Download)
- Buyer Persona Template
- Buyer’s Journey Template
It can be difficult for companies to build a social following, but the results can be exponential if you hit the viral jackpot. At the same time, the fine-grained targeting offered by social advertising is making it one of the most cost-effective ways to build traffic, leads and sales.
- How to Harness the Power of Social Media for Business
- What is the Right Social Channel for Your Business
- 7 Tips to a Successful Facebook Ad Campaign
- Mastering the HubSpot Social Media Inbox
- How to Attract New Prospects Using LinkedIn
SEO got a bad rap in the early days of online marketing. Keyword stuffing, nonsense press releases and other nefarious tactics were used to dupe search engines into ranking pages higher than they deserved. That’s all changed, and it is important to know how search works and how to align on and off page search criteria to get found.
- Alaniz Guide to SEO (Download)
- How Search Engines Work
- Guide to On and Off Page SEO
- User Experience and Ranking Criteria
- The Case for Great Content
Content is the magnet for lead generation. As people search for solutions to their problems, the content that best answers questions and helps searchers make the right decision is rewarded with traffic and higher rankings. Learn how to get content marketing right.
- Think Like a Shrink: 4 Psychology Principles that Power Content Marketing
- Why Truth is the Best Content Marketing (Tips)
- How to Write the Best Blog in Your Industry
Digital advertising is emerging as a powerful lead generation platform–from Adwords to social network ads the targeting capacity of these solutions keeps getting better. That said, it’s still possible to spend a hunk of money on digital advertising with little in the way of ROI–or at least little in the ability to demonstrate ROI. Let’s not let that happen to you.
- How to Make Adwords Work Better for Your Business
- Improve Retargeting with Inbound Marketing
- Make Digital Marketing Work Better with Inbound Methodology
- How to Measure the Success of Online Advertising
Marketing and Sales Collaboration
As sales people gets involved in lead generation later in the game, it is imperative that marketing and sales are in sync when it comes to important concerns like lead qualification criteria and marketing to sales handoff. Get marketing and sales collaboration right, and you’ll have a smooth, steady flow of leads through the sales funnel.
- Guide to Sales and Marketing Alignment (Download)
- Sales-Marketing Coordination: Building a Service Level Agreement
- Work with Sales Teams to Create Buyer Personas and Better Conversion Rates
- Sales and Marketing: Share the Funnel to Move the Funnel
- Sales and Marketing Collaboration Fills the Funnel with Better Leads
- Inbound Sales Methodology: Is Your Sales Team Living in the Past?
SEO, inbound marketing, content marketing, segmentation, and scoring–marketing automation brings it all together to help lead generation be constantly working in the background as you analyze and sharpen your efforts.
- What is Marketing Automation and Why You Should Care
- Marketing Automation: Do You Need It?
- How Much Does Marketing Automation Cost?
- 10 Reasons You Need Marketing Automation (Download)
Marketing Automation Platform Reviews
There are lots of marketing automation tools to choose from. Each one had its strengths and weakness, and we’ve used most of them. So we’ve pulled together our reviews and opinions to help you find the solution that’s right for you.
- Marketing Automation Software Cost Comparison
- HubSpot Changed My Life
- HubSpot Review: How the CRM and Sidekick Won Me Back
- Is HubSpot Worth The Money?
- SharpSpring Review: How Much Should Marketing Automation Cost?
- The 5 Most Valuable Features of SharpSpring’s Marketing Automation Platform
Finding the Right Partner
Overwhelmed? There’s help. You can outsource all or part of online lead generation, from SEO to a full-stack digital lead generation engine that drops sales-qualified leads in your lap. Learn what to look for in an agency partner.
- Understanding The Agency Landscape
- How to Choose The Right Agency
- Digital Marketing Agency Selection Checklist
Here are just a few of the top books we recommend on sales and marketing.
- HubSpot Blog
- Inbound Marketing – Brian Halligan & Dharmesh Shah
- The Sales Acceleration Formula – Mark Roberge
- The Marketing Performance Blueprint – Paul Roetzer
- Predictable Revenue – Aaron Ross & Marylou Tyler
Free White Paper Downloads
Take a deeper dive with an Alaniz white paper.
- Alaniz Guide to Website Leads, Traffic, and Sales
- Website Design for Marketing Managers
- Alaniz Guide to Inbound Marketing
- 6 Ways Your Old Website May Be Hurting Your Business
- Alaniz Guide to Sales – Marketing Alignment
- 10 Reasons You Need Marketing Automation
- Alaniz Guide to SEO
We hope you enjoyed this free ungated resource. If you’re looking for help with web development, please get in touch to set up a 30-minute exploratory call.
- Develop a Lead Generation Gameplan
- Social Media Advertising
- Content Marketing for Lead Generation
- Marketing and Sales Collaboration
ASK US ANYTHING
Shoot us a note and we’ll do our best to get back to you!