Getting found online is still a key to success for most businesses as buyers continue to go online before contacting suppliers. Poorly implemented SEO or worse, content that is penalized for violating search engine ranking criteria, can cause severe damage to businesses.
The State of SEO
Search engine optimization has matured a great deal in the past five years. Gone are the days when keyword-stuffed press releases improved search engine rankings. Keywords alone, even in legitimate content, are not enough to earn the trust of search engines. New, more important factors like site speed, mobile experience, page layout, functionality and how your content aligns with searcher’s intent are far more important.
On and Off-Page SEO
Here are some of the SEO best practices that you need to know and need to use on your website, as well as mistakes to avoid, in order to earn the clicks your business deserves.
Search engines have refined their ability to analyze content and can identify relevance and quality based on algorithms and on user behavior. Having great content has never been more important.
SEO and User Experience
Search engines have developed sophisticated algorithms to measure how pleased users are with the experience that your website delivers. Bounce rates, visit duration, and click throughs all factor in. Learn what you can do to align your site and content with what users want.
SEO and Performance Optimization
Website performance is increasingly important to search engines. Page speed, page layout, menu organization and content clarity–even how your site is coded–are factors search engines measure to determine search rankings. Here’s what you need to know.
- Website Performance Optimization Tools Overview
- Website Performance Optimization: How we Supercharged Our WordPress Site
- Optimizing Website Code for SEO
- How Content Delivery Networks Boost SEO
- How to Use Browser Caching to Improve SEO
- How to Optimize Images for Better SEO
- What You Need to Know About Web Hosting
SEO and Mobile Friendliness
Mobile search eclipsed desktop search in 2015, and Google famously shifted its SEO algorithm to reward mobile friendly sites. That trend has only accelerated and mobile optimization has become more important and sophisticated. Learn how it works and what you need to do.
- How to use AMP to improve mobile site performance and search results
- Why You Need to Optimize Your Website for Mobile Search
- 6 Ways Your Old Mobile-Unfriendly Website Might be Hurting Your Business
- Why Mobile-First Web Development is More Important Than Ever
Get Started with an SEO Audit
Our SEO Audit will help identify what is affecting your search engine ranking, identify how effective your web pages are at attracting visitors, and give you insight on changes needed to increase quality traffic.
Take a deeper dive with one of our white papers.
- Website Design for Marketing Managers
- 6 Ways Your Old Website May Be Hurting Your Business
- Alaniz Guide to SEO
ASK US ANYTHING
Shoot us a note and we’ll do our best to get back to you!