Blogging regularly takes discipline and time, but it produces measurable results in increased search engine traffic, more people engaging with your company, more highly-qualified leads, new customers, higher average sales, and reduction of overall marketing expense.
Research data supports the effectiveness of business blogging
Hubspot recenly released data clearly showing that small businesses that are blogging generated more traffic and sales leads. Other key facts in that report:
- More than half of all internet users read blogs at least monthly.
- Companies that blog daily acquire almost 10x more customers than those that only blog once per month.
- 57% of businesses have acquired customers through their blog.
- Companies that blog get 55% more website traffic.
- Companies that blog get 97% more inbound links than those that don’t blog.
- Companies that blog have 434% more pages indexed in the search engines.
- 66% of marketers say their blog is a critical part of their marketing effort.
Every business needs a voice, and a blog is a simple way to do that. These days, anyone can post anything online about a company, be it good or bad. By starting a blog for your business, you can help manage your reputation and give your business the voice and authority it needs to thrive.
The marketplace for any business is normally competitive, so by starting a blog that you update regularly, you are giving your company a voice on the internet. Customers can read your posts and establish in their minds that you are a credible authority, and you can interact with them frequently while establishing your reputation on the web.
Blogging is a cost effective, easy way to interact with your existing customer base, gaining new customers and establishing your expertise. A company blog also forms the base of a strong cross-platform social media campaign.