E books have become a staple in the age of digital marketing. From cooking to marketing, ebooks are being written on every conceivable topic.
And because most of us thirst for knowledge, it’s not surprising that the ebook’s popularity is nothing short of remarkable.
If you’ve been wondering whether you should join in the fun and reap the rewards, i.e., ebooks for lead generation, here are a few reasons that might help you decide.
- Ebooks are popular because they provide a deeper level of education on a given topic. While blogging about your products, services or industry is helpful, ebooks are a great way to elaborate further.
- Use Ebooks to target different marketing personas. Regardless of your industry, you, no doubt, deal with a variety of people. Any specialized area of service warrants providing your customer’s with a deeper understanding of what is being offered. Do you offer a variety of products and/or services? Pick one area and provide an in-depth review for your readers. By offering this information, you position yourself as an expert in the related field and this builds trust and credibility with your market.
- Outside of asking visitors to subscribe to your blog or newsletter, offering an Ebook is another great way to entice your visitors to give you their contact information so that you can continue the dialogue. We call it an “ethical bribe” however, the value they receive should far outweigh any reservation they have about sharing their contact information.
- By offering a variety of ebooks on various topics and buying stages related to your industry, you will have a better understanding of where your readers interest lies. This will allow you to tailor and segment your ongoing communication with them for where they’re at.
- Searching for a blog topic? Blogging about your ebook not only a great topic for the day, it’s also a great way to give your readers a snapshot of your ebook and entice your reader to opt for the full deal.
Don’t have time to write an ebook? No worries here either. There a plenty of “ghostwriters” that, for a small fee, will write your ebook for you.
In today’s digital age where the world is at our fingertips and “just Google it” is a household phrase, ebooks are a great way to offer your consumer more of what they’re after. It’s a win-win as well. Because you’ve positioned yourself as an expert with something to offer, you’ve seriously increased your chances of staying top-of-mind when your consumer does make the decision to purchase.
Would you like content ideas to get you started? Get our FREE ebook, 107 Content Marketing Ideas. You’ll never run out of content ideas again! Get it FREE Today!
FREE Ebook: 107 Ideas for Content Marketing
Never run out of great content again!
- Fill your blog with content that resonates with your readers
- Share your content through social media
- Position your company as a thought leader
- Make your content about your community
- Reproduce existing content
- Analyze the effect of your content